Recycle related mandate:
You have a role in supporting sustainability and ensuring our recycle program is successful!
- Empty small recycle containers into larger bins in common areas of the building prior to scheduled pick up day. Individual office pickup is not possible. Please see collection schedule and additional information below.
- Consider skipping the trash can in your private office and place all trash in larger container in common areas. This could reduce the number of plastic bags being placed at the landfills.
Thank you for recycling!
RECYCLING AND SHREDDING COLLECTION SCHEDULE
|Monday||Clearview, Firdale, Maltby, Olympic, Seaview, Snoqualmie, Woodway second floor|
|Tuesday||Brier, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo|
|Wednesday||Alderwood, Center for Families, Meadowdale, Millcreek, Snohomish, Woodway|
|Thursday||Brier 286 and 287, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo|
|Friday||Alderwood, Center for Families, Gateway, Monroe, Snohomish|
|Shredding containers are emptied throughout the week|
Important information: (If item not listed it is trash)
- Place recycle containers outside classrooms the night before your scheduled collection day. We can not enter during class sessions.
- Bottles, cans, cartons, and paper cups (without waxed coating) and that are not from campus food service must be empty and rinsed before placing in recycle bins. No liquid or bottle caps allowed. ** All Campus food service items go in the compost where available, otherwise trash.
- Cardboard - Break down all boxes, even if small, and place next to recycle bins. Do not flatten by stepping/stomping on, because recycle require they be dismantled.
- Receipts and shredded paper must be placed in a clear plastic bag and tied (no hole-punch materials please). Place bag next to recycle container for pick up.
- Clean paper, magazines, news paper, book pages, manila folders, bagged shredding &
- NO KLEENEX OR TISSUE
- No wrapping paper/tissue paper
- No hard cover books. If hard cover is removed, pages can be recycled.
- Compost: Compost containers are green with routine pick up service limited to cafeteria and
- Food service containers from campus cafeteria/espresso stands (not recyclable).
- Pizza boxes, paper plates
- Food waste - coffee grounds/filters, tea bags, bread, pasta, grains, dairy products, eggshells, nutshells, fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, chicken, shells, bones.
- compostable bags, food-soiled newspaper, uncoated paper bags with food scraps, uncoated paper plates, kitchen paper towels and napkins. (NO KLEENEX OR TISSUE FOR SANTARY REASONS)
- Special pick up required: (Please submit a work order request)
- Batteries, metal, light bulbs, broken glass must be contained speparately with request for special pick up to insure safety
- Aluminum foil
- Candy wrappers, chip bags, etc.
- Bubble wrap, padded or lined envelopes
- Food containers (Styrofoam, plastic wrap, waxed paper)
- Food wrappers: coated, waxed, plastic, etc.
- Human waste
- Packing materials (Styrofoam, plastic)
- Paper products from restroom environment
- Plastic wrappers, bags and packaging materials
- Plastic coffee cup lids
- Used napkin, KLEENEX, and paper towel
- Events and exceptional quantities:
- Planning a classroom/office event: Place a Work Order request five business days in advance for compost containers and/or additional recycle bins.
- Office/Area cleanout & purging: Submit a Work Order request five business days or more in advance for extra containers and pick up.
Confidential shredding pick up
Confidential shredding must be in locked shredding containers or boxed, securely taped shut and labeled. Please contact us should a shredding collection is missed and we will pick up as soon as we have a staff available.
Materials Requiring Special Containers or Special Handling:
Contact Security or Recycling for special container and handling for all SHARPS.
SHARPS: Blades, broken glass, nails, and razors.