Everett vs. Edmonds: The food challenge is on
|The food bank bin in Snohomish Hall.|
Edmonds CC, beginning today it’s time to show our spirit of generosity as the holiday
Everett Community College has challenged us again this year to a friendly competition to see who can raise the most food for local food banks.
Both colleges, combined, raised more than 2,000 pounds of food last year, with Everett coming out on top by a mere 130 pounds.
Edmonds CC will be collecting for the Lynnwood Food Bank, and Everett CC will be collecting for the Everett Food Bank.
The drive starts Tuesday, Oct. 15, and continues through Nov. 15.
Please place your nonperishable food items in the food bank bins placed in the following buildings:
- Clearview Building lobby
- Mountlake Terrace Hall, in the lobby, across from Triton Espresso
- Snohomish Hall, near the door that exits northwest
- Snoqualmie Hall, next to the information booth
- Brier Hall, at entrance to the bookstore
- Lynnwood Hall, outer lobby by the bulletin board
Most needed foods:
- Canned meats, tuna, chicken, salmon
- Canned or boxed soup, chili, stew
- Peanut butter
- Macaroni and cheese
- Canned or dried beans, peas, or lentils
- Pasta, rice, and cereal
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Fruit juice
- Baby food
If you bring glass, do not put it in the bins. Instead, pack these items in a separate box and mark “glass” on the box and set it next to the bin.
For questions on the food drive, call Nettie Rothstein at ext.1427.
“Thanks to everyone who donated so generously last year, and thank you in advance for helping us out this year,” said Rothstein. “You will be making a big difference in a lot of lives this year.”