Announcing new IT service catalog for employees
February 2, 2015 - Information Technology & eLearning (IT&e) is pleased to announce the release of the IT service catalog, an easier way for you to find information technology services you already use, as well as the ones you didn’t know were offered.
- Multiple ways to browse - Navigation is provided by category, by audience and alphabetically.
- Service details - Each service page describes the service in detail, as well as how how to order, expected time frames for delivery, who is eligible and if there are associated costs.
Ways to use the catalog
- Find steps for ordering a service - Every service page features a "getting started" section to help lead you through the steps for ordering a service. Most services can be requested by submitting a ticket to the help desk.
- Explore and learn what services are available - Sometimes you may not know what a service is called, and that's okay. Try the category-based navigation and browse by topic or business function. If you still can't find what you're looking for, please give us a call at the help desk.
- Orient new employees and students - Include a link to any service page to materials or emails you create that are intended to give direction on how to set up a service.
Why a service catalog?
Publishing this catalog is a first step we're taking in the 2014-15 academic year to improve our operational practices. Categorizing and defining services will help us measure effectiveness of our customer service and the quality of the services we provide over time. Read more about how we're adopting the IT Service Management framework.