ABOUT CAPITAL PROJECTS
Capital Projects are all aspects of capital construction projects, major and minor building construction and repair, and remodel or renovation projects. These projects are spearheaded by Rose Mesec, Capital Projects Manager and Stephanie Teachman, Executive Director.
The Science, Engineering, and Technology (SET) Building
Science, Engineering, and Technology (SET) Building - Legislative funding approved.
The SET building construction started in August 2018, with completion and move in anticipated in the summer of 2020.
The SET Building is an exciting new student and faculty space, scheduled to open on campus in 2020! It will house updated, state of the art, instructional space, including space for programs such as science, math, and nursing studies. The building will have three levels, totaling nearly 70,000 square feet, and be situated on the north side of Mountlake Terrace Hall.
Construction of SET:
- Phase 1 - Removal of the Pilchuck and Glacier Buildings and reconfiguration of Parking Lot E. (Completed summer of 2018)
- Phase 2 - Site work at the north area of Mountlake Terrace Hall. (Completed early 2019)
- Phase 3 - Building construction. (Currently underway)
- Phase 4 - Construction finishes and parking lot work. (Anticipated completion late spring 2020)
SET Building floor plan:
More info: edcc.edu/stembuilding
Constructon activities and schedule - June 2019 update: SET construction schedule - June 2019 update
Pending legislative funding:
- Alderwood Roof Replacement – July 2019 to June 2021
- Lynnwood Restrooms Remodel – July 2019 to June 2021
- Clearview Building Envelope Repairs – July 2019 to June 2021
- Triton Learning Commons – Lynnwood Hall Expansion