The Recycle/HAZMAT Department is committed to supporting the Edmonds Community College mission, goals, and sustainability initiative by ensuring the campus participation in protecting the environment. Managing this department is Thomas Graff, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist.
Work Order Requests
- Recycling (see collection schedule)
- Compost (daily collection - limited to cafeteria and kitchen)
- Confidential Shredding (emptied throughout the week)
- Recycle and Compost bins for Events (submit Work Order request 5 business days in advance)
- Office area cleanout and purging (submit Work Order request 5 business days in advance)
- Special pick up: Batteries, metal, light bulb, and broken glass should be packaged separately for safety (submit Work Order request)
Help support sustainability and ensure our recycle program at the Edmonds CC community is successful!
- Reduce the number of plastic bags sent to landfills and consider skipping a trash can in your private office; often a larger trash container is available nearby.
- Ensure recycle and compostable items are placed in correct containers.
- Use reusable mugs, cups, and containers.
RECYCLE - IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
- Place recycle containers outside classrooms the night before your scheduled collection day because we are unable to enter during class session.
- Please break down cardboard boxes (do not flatten by stomping on it) and place next to recycle bins.
- Please empty and remove caps on plastic, glass bottles, and jars.
- Receipts and shredded paper must be placed in clear plastic bag and tied; then place bag next to recycle container for pick up.
COMPOST - IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
- Compost containers that are scheduled for routine collections are limited to cafeteria and kitchen areas.
- Food containers and utensils from Edmonds CC Food Services are compostable.
TRASH - IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
Please do not place propane or gas canisters, paint, and other chemicals in trash.
CONFIDENTIAL SHREDDING BINS
- Confidential Shredding must be locked or boxed, securely taped shut and labeled.
- Contact Recycle or Facilities if collection is missed.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE IN CONFIDENTIAL BINS
- Binder Clips (Paper clips and staples are okay)
- Business Cards (Recycle)
- Campus Brochures (Recycle)
- Candy Wrapper (Trash)
- Class Schedules (Recycle)
- Credit Cards, ID Cards, CDs (Special destruction handling)
- Envelopes (Recycle)
- Hanging Files (Recycle)
- Junk Mail (Recycle)
- Lottery Tickets (Recycle)
- Magazines (Recycle)
- Manila Folders (Recycle)
- Newspaper (Recycle)
- Plastic (Trash)
- Posters (Recycle)
ITEMS REQUIRING SPECIAL CONTAINERS AND HANDLING
Contact Recycling for special containers and handling for all sharps:
- Broken Glass (please packaged separately)
Contact Security if urgent or unsafe condition exists.