How to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has outlined the following 8 key steps to prevent catching and spreading COVID-19:
1. Know if you are at elevated risk for disease/complications related to COVID-19:
- Immune compromised
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
- Severe Obesity (BMI of 40 or greater)
- Older than 60 years of age.
2. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
3. Stay home if you are sick. Know the symptoms:
4. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
5. Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Remember to clean items like your car, keys and cell phone.
7. Maintain social distancing of six feet or more. Avoid crowds of 10 people or more.
8. Cover your nose and mouth with a cloth face covering while in public.
This is to prevent you from unknowingly spreading the virus to others. You may be carrying the virus and not even know it. For more information on homemade cloth face coverings visit the CDC’s webpage (Links to an external site.).